Admiring Gainsborough

Admiring Gainsborough

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Total Dude!

"There are 104 days of summer vacation and school comes along just to end them....."! Man, I can't count how many times I have heard that little ditty this summer! It will finally be nice to have a Phineas and Ferb day off!
Meanwhile, today, the boy who made me a mom, turns 7 and if that isn't enough of a milestone, started 2nd grade! I'm plotzing, kvelling and being generally sentimental. I mean, this is big news people! He's a straight up dude! He's not a little guy anymore, nor does he have any baby fat or anything resembling baby anything. Whahhhhh! I'm a little sad. Is it supposed to go this fast? Am I mourning MY mortality or am I sad that I no longer have a baby to take care of?
These are all big questions along with why does anyone watch Big Brother. But, I digress. Focus back to me. I don't want to rob him of his glory or of his day, but I'm thinking, I might need a hug or at the very least, a frosty, adult beverage.
So, here goes, (with phantom drink in hand) raise your glasses to the most fascinating kid on the planet, the boy who made me a mom, a total dude, Happy Birthday Hay, keep doing what you're doing, 'cause you're doing a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment